My kids can’t wait to see Ice Age: Collision Course. Thanks to Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, I’m giving away the new Ice Age Blu-ray on my dad blog. We’re fans of the series. Our favorite character is Scrat. He always makes us laugh. We have not seen the movie yet, but from what I hear, Scrat’s epic pursuit of the elusive acorn accidentally triggers cosmic events that threaten the Ice Age world. Ice Age: Collision Course is available now on Digital HD, and will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K Ultra HD on October 11th. Continue reading to find out how to survive a Scrat-tastrophe.
11 Scrat-tastrophe Survival Tips
- Prepare in advance for whatever disaster is likely to affect your area
- Make plans and back-up plans on where to meet in the event you are separated
- Stock up at least a three-day supply of water and non-perishable food for each family member
- Stock up on medicines and warm clothing
- Rotate certain survival-kit items such as food and medications as they expire
- Stock up on flashlights, battery-powered or hand crank radio, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration weather radio, whistle to call for help, first-aid kit, pair of pliers or wrench to turn off utilities if necessary
- Make sure you know how to use your first-aid kit
- Designate an out-of-town person to be an emergency contact in the event the catastrophe is local — contact can then inform other family members about your whereabouts and condition
- Collect fire wood in the event you don’t have heat
- If practical, purchase a back-up generator and keep extra gas on hand
- When a disaster strikes, try not to panic and stay calm even though you are scared
Ice Age Blu-ray Giveaway
Thanks to Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, a reader of my dad blog will win the Ice Age: Collision Course Blu-ray. The winner will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the contest is Thursday, October 13th (Eastern time). The giveaway is limited to readers in the USA. If you don’t see an entry form below, please wait for the Rafflecopter giveaway form to load (or refresh the browser).
[Disclosure: I did not receive anything for hosting this contest. The giveaway prize will be provided by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, but they are not the administrators of the sweepstakes on my dad blog. I am not liable for the prize. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]