The Nut Job (Universal) will be out on Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray Combo Pack including Blu-ray, DVD, and DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet as well as On Demand on April 15th. To help kick off the release, I’m giving away The Nut Job Blu-ray on my dad blog. The movie is about a mischievous squirrel with a mission: to find the tastiest nuts for winter. When he discovers a whole store filled with his favorite food, he plans a heist of nutrageous proportions. The film features the voices of Brendan Fraser, Liam Neeson, Katherine Heigl, Maya Rudolph, Jeff Dunham and Gabriel Iglesias.
In support of Universal Home Entertainment’s release of The Nut Job, they’ve compiled some amazing nut facts that are sure to blow your mind. Educate yourself on the delicious snacks before picking up your copy of the film next week.
8 Amazing Nut FActs
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make one 12-ounce jar of peanut butter
- Peanuts aren’t actually nuts at all, they are a type of pea which grows underground
- In medieval times, walnuts were believed to cure headaches because of their brain-like appearance
- California is the world leader in almond production, with over 110,000 acres of almond trees
- Unshelled nuts stay fresh longer than shelled ones
- Cashew shells are poisonous, as they contain a deadly chemical known as urushiol — the same chemical found in poison ivy
- In ancient Rome, newlyweds were showered in almonds as a symbol of fertility
- October 22nd is National Nut Day in the U.S.
Click on the graphics below to download The Nut Job activity sheets.
Nut Job Giveaway
Thanks to Universal Home Entertainment, a reader of my dad blog will win The Nut Job Blu-ray. The winner will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the contest is Wednesday, April 16th (Eastern time). The giveaway is limited to readers in the USA. If you don’t see an entry form below, please wait for the Rafflecopter giveaway form to load (or refresh the browser).
[Disclosure: I did not receive anything for hosting this contest. The giveaway prize will be provided by Universal Home Entertainment, but they are not the administrators of the sweepstake on my dad blog. I am not liable for the prize. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]