The Conjuring was released on DVD and Blu-ray yesterday — just in time for Halloween! I missed it at the theater, but I plan on watching it this weekend. The movie looks scary, but it’s suppose to be based on a true story. If you want to see it too, you should enter today’s contest. Thanks to Warner Bros., you can win The Conjuring Blu-ray on my movie blog.
The Conjuring Synopsis
Based on a true story, the movie tells the horrifying account of how famed paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren were summoned to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse which they recently bought. In fighting this powerful demonic being, the Warrens find themselves in the middle of the most terrifying case of their lives.
Below are five things you should know about The Conjuring. You can move your mouse across the GIFs to control them and read the freaky facts to prepare for the scariest movie of the year.
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!
Thanks to Warner Bros., I’m giving away The Conjuring Blu-ray on my dad blog. The winner will be randomly selected. The giveaway is limited to readers in the USA and Canada. The deadline to enter the giveaway is next Thursday, October 31st (Eastern time). Each household is only eligible to win one Conjuring Blu-ray via blog reviews and giveaways. Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. If you don’t see an entry form below, please wait for the Rafflecopter giveaway form to load (or refresh the browser).
[Disclosure: I did not receive anything for hosting this contest. The giveaway prize will be provided by Warner Bros., but they are not the administrators of the giveaway on my dad blog. I am not liable for the prize. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]