Our kids don’t return to school for two more months, but I’ve noticed retailers are already promoting back to school supplies. I’ve actually started compiling a list of supplies for the kids. I need to hit the stores soon before the school year sneaks up on me. One store I plan on shopping this year is Staples [Facebook | Twitter]. In addition to school supplies, Staples also has computers, printers and software. In fact, they sent me a copy of Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements for review on my dad blog. In my opinion, the software will come in handy for parents and older kids when school starts again in the Fall.
Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements is not the full version of the product that costs about a million dollars. This is the less expensive version (about $120) that is intended for students, bloggers, and regular people like you and I. The expensive version is intended for artists and professionals. While the Elements version doesn’t have all the bells and whistles as the professional version, the software has more features than most of us can use. The software is also a lot easier to use than the regular version of Photoshop or Premiere.
The software is actually two products in one. There’s Photoshop Elements, which is for creating and editing graphics. The other product is Premiere Elements, which is for creating and editing video. I’ve spent time using Photoshop Elements for about two weeks now. I’ve even used the tool to create the graphics here on my blog. On the other hand, I have not spent much time with Photoshop Elements (yet). Nowadays, I don’t shoot video as often as I use to. But now I have another reason to shoot video again!
With Adobe Photoshop Elements, you can enhance colors, remove blemishes, and merge images fairly easily. I’ve only used a handful of the features so far, but below are some examples of the software’s special effects.
Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere 11 Features
- Keep track of all your memories with intelligent options that help you quickly find and view all your photos and video clips
- Make every photo look its best with powerful yet simple editing options that offer everything from quick fixes to unlimited creative possibilities
- Count on automated moviemaking options to take the work out of video editing, and enhance your movies with pro-quality effects and sound
- Get inspired to create personalized photo keepsakes — including scrapbook pages, cards, and calendars — and combine photos and videos to tell entertaining stories
- Quickly showcase your photos or movies via Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Adobe Revel (subscription available separately), interactive Online Albums
- Intuitively organize and find photos and videos; edit and enhance photos; create custom photo keepsakes; edit your video footage manually or use smart, automated moviemaking options; and share via print and the web
- Find and manage all your photos and video clips in the convenient Organizer
- Use automated options to find your best photos and clips — or photos of specific things and people
- Use Guided Edits to get help with key steps so you can get the results you want fast
- Take advantage of Hollywood directors’ techniques with InstantMovie, which automatically edits together your best clips with coordinated music, titles, and effects from your choice of movie theme
- Take advantage of amazing Photomerge technology to match the style of one photo to another; create fuller panoramas, perfectly lit shots, and great group shots; and combine elements of different faces for entertaining results
- Make calendars, scrapbook pages, cards, and more in minutes using professionally designed templates, or customize every aspect of your creations
- Use FilmLooks to apply favorite cinematic styles to your movies
- Easily combine elements from different scenes for entertaining results
- Add hundreds of special effects and transitions, and use SmartSound to add musical soundtracks that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
- Share your photos and movies on discs and social media sites, in interactive Online Albums