Tot Yoga App Review and Gift Basket Giveaway
Over the weekend, I checked out a new app called Tot Yoga. It’s a whimsical app that features 13 interactive yoga poses for children ages two to seven. Actually, the poses are not limited to only young kids. The poses can be practiced by a child alone, beside a parent, or by the parent while the tot is napping. The app is designed to be kid friendly. That’s why it features cute animals doing poses. Kids are encouraged to copy the animal’s poses and movements. Children also encouraged to growl, bark, and bounce like the animals in the app. BTW, I have a Tot Yoga themed giveaway on my dad blog today. I’m giving away a gift basket consisting of a Tot Yoga DVD and a book (Stoney’s Shadow: A Triumphant Tale).
I don’t have an Apple TV, but one of the nice features of the Tot Yoga app is that it features Apple TV Airplay Mirroring. The app is available now in the iTunes app store. It is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod Touch (3rd generation), iPod Touch (4th generation), iPod Touch (5th generation) and iPad. The app requires iOS 5.1 or later.
Tot Yoga app Features
- Beautiful child narration, upbeat background music, and immersive environmental sound effects
- Helps children’s social emotional skills development with examples that will help children self-regulate in social settings in their own environments
- 3D animated images that children can connect with to help scaffold concepts to new settings
- 13 stress reducing yoga poses demonstrated by 3D animations
- Breathing breaks after each pose
- Continuous exercise mode cycles through all poses indefinitely
Tot Yoga was designed by Tuesdays at Ten and Holt Smith. Tuesdays at Ten is a company dedicated to creating stress reducing content for parents. Holt Smith is a member of Moms with Apps, which is a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families. Both companies are run by parents for parents. They create products to solve their own parenting dilemmas. The two companies take children’s privacy very seriously. That’s why Tot Yoga:
- Does not contain ads
- Does not contain in-app purchases
- Does not use analytics / data collection tools
- Does not share any information with 3rd party groups
- Does not collect performance information
- Does not link outside of the app
- Does not link to the Internet or social media (Twitter, Facebook)
Tot Yoga Giveaway
Thanks to Tuesdays at Ten and Holt Smith, a reader of my dad blog will win a gift basket consisting of a Tot Yoga DVD and a book (Stoney’s Shadow: A Triumphant Tale). The winner will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Thursday, November 1st (Eastern time). The giveaway is limited to readers in the USA. If you don’t see an entry form below, please wait for the Rafflecopter giveaway form to load (or refresh the browser).
[Disclosure: The giveaway prize will be provided by Tuesdays at Ten and Holt Smith, but they are not the administrators of the giveaway on my dad blog. I am not liable for the prize. I received an app promo code for review purposes. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to Daddy Forever