It’s spring break here in Portland. To help kick off the spring, Chick-fil-A is offering new nutritious kid’s meals to fuel your children’s activities. Chick-fil-A also has a fun blog app, Old School Fun Blog App, that features classic old school games for the family and a fun throwback quiz. As if that’s not enough, Chick-fil-A is also giving away three kids meals on my dad blog. I don’t know about your children, but my little ones love kids meals.
Chick-fil-A has been making its children’s meals more nutritious. Earlier in the year, the restaurant chain added Grilled Nuggets as an entrée option for children and Buddy Fruits Pure Blended Fruit To Go applesauce to complement the chain’s other healthier side alternatives, such as its Fruit Cup. Chick-fil-A is the first quick-service restaurant to offer a grilled entrée option in its Kid’s Meal, which will make the meal one of the most nutritious in the country.
Kid’s Meal Menu Improvements
- Introduction of Grilled Nuggets
- 4 nuggets (80 calories, 1g fat) or 6 nuggets (110 calories, 1.5g fat)
- 100% all-breast meat chicken (not pre-formed meat)
- Addition of all natural Buddy Fruits Pure Blended Fruit To Go applesauce
- 60 calories, 0 grams of fat and equals one serving of fruit
- Gluten free and contains 100% pure fruit
- Complements the fruit cup, which has been on the menu since 2004 (Chick-fil-A was the first quick-service restaurant to offer a fruit cup)
- Healthier choice available to kids at no extra cost
- Improved beverage options
- The chain is changing its children’s beverage line to only feature one percent milk, 100% apple juice, its signature freshly squeezed lemonade, and water as drink choices
- Nutritious Kid’s Meal combination
- The Grilled Nuggets (4-count), Fruit Cup and 1% milk Kid’s Meal option contains only 210 calories and 3 grams of fat – reflecting an 86% cut in fat grams and a 56% calorie reduction compared to its previous offerings
- Additional offerings for gluten intolerant kids
- Grilled Nuggets – a gluten-free entrée option
- Fruit Cup and Buddy Fruits applesauce – two gluten-free side item options
Old School Fun Blog App
Thanks to Chick-fil-A, a reader of my dad blog will win three kids meals. The winner will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Wednesday, April 4, 2012 (Pacific time). The giveaway is limited to readers located in the U.S. To enter the giveaway, spin the wheel in the game app above and tell me what it landed on.
Six Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Like Chick-fil-A on Facebook
- Follow Chick-fil-A on Twitter
- Click on the Facebook like button above the comments area and then on my Facebook page, answer this question: do your children like kids meals?
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button above the comments area):
Win 3 Chick-fil-A kids meals on @daddyforever dad blog: http://daddyforever.com/2012/03/27/kids-meals/
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2012/03/27/kids-meals/ (include your blog post URL for verification)
- Subscribe to my blog via RSS or email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Note: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
[Disclosure: I did not receive anything for writing this post. The giveaway prize will be provided by Chick-fil-A, but they are not the administrators of the giveaway on my blog. I am not liable for the prize. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]