Long, long time ago in a campus not so far away, I went to college and studied engineering. One of the things I remembered about college was how expensive the textbooks were — especially when you only need the book for a three-month term. How could they charge so much for a text book? By in my time, we didn’t have online options. The best we could do was to to find a used book that had not been highlighted to death. Luckily for students today, there is an online option like Campus Book Rentals. They are a textbook rental company that helps students save money. And thanks to CampusBookRentals.com, I’m giving away a $50 gift certificate on my dad blog.
I love the idea behind CampusBookRentals.com. I wish I had that option when I was in college. By renting textbooks, you can save a lot of money. You also don’t have to worry about your textbook becoming worthless by the end of the term. There have many times when I went to sell my textbooks back, only to discover that the campus bookstore won’t buy them back because a newer edition came out. What the frak! Personally, I think the publishers are running a scam. I bet if you compared the two most recent editions of a textbook, you wouldn’t find much differences between them.
Benefits of Renting Textbooks from CampusBookRentals.com
- Save 40-90% off of bookstore prices
- Free shipping both ways
- They offer a 30 day risk free guarantee — you can return your book for any reason within 30 days for a full refund
- You can highlight in the textbooks
- Flexible renting periods
- They donate to Operation Smile with each textbook rented (donated over 1,000 life saving cleft lip surgeries this year to children in need)
Out of curiosity, I decided to check out the price for a college text book: Computer Engineering: Hardware Design (by M. Morris Mano). The price difference is really impressive. The book has a list price of $116 (my campus bookstore sold textbooks at list price). In comparison, you can rent the same book for only $18.86 per quarter at CampusBookRentals.com. That’s a saving of 84%!
Campus Book Rentals Giveaway
Thanks to CampusBookRentals.com, a reader of my dad blog will win a $50 gift certificate. The winner will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Wednesday, March 21st (Pacific time). The giveaway is limited to USA residents. To enter the giveaway, answer this question: are you or your children in college?
Six Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Like CampusBookRentals on Facebook
- Follow CampusBookRentals on Twitter
- Click on the Facebook like button above the comments area and then on my Facebook page, answer this question: have you purchased or rented textbooks online before?
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button above the comments area):
Win a $50 CampusBookRentals.com gift certificate @DaddyForever dad blog ~ http://daddyforever.com/2012/03/14/textbook-rental/
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2012/03/14/textbook-rental/ (include your blog post URL for verification)
- Subscribe to my blog via RSS or email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Note: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
[Disclosure: I did not receive anything for hosting this giveaway. The giveaway prize will be provided by CampusBookRentals, but they are not the administrators of the giveaway on my dad blog. I am not liable for the prize. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]