Crocs sent my eight-year old son a pair of their Hover Sneak Slip-On shoes for review on my dad blog. Until Crocs (Facebook | Twitter) contacted me, I didn’t even know the company was launching a new line of kids back to school shoes. Their new line includes several styles for girls and boys (K-8). According to Crocs, the shoes are approved for school gyms and have the same comfort as Crocs summer shoes. And unlike many of their other shoes, the back-to-school shoes line are designed to be worn with or without socks. BTW, feel free to enter their Sneak Summer into School Sweepstakes. Crocs is giving away a 4-day, 3-night vacation for four people to San Diego. The prize includes round-trip airfare, oceanside hotel, local attractions tickets, car rental and $200 for fun.
What I like about the Boys’ Hover Sneak Slip-on
- No shoelaces — they are easy to slip on and off
- The soles look slippery, but they’re not (my son tested the shoes in the kitchen and on the hardwood)
- Double stitched in some places
- Very light and flexible because of hybrid construction
- Non-marking Croslite material outsole — kids can wear them for PE
- Features Croslite material footbed for comfort
- Elastic gore on the sides
What I didn’t like about the Boys’ Hover Sneak Slip-on
- The shoes are probably not good for hiking on rocky trails
BTW, Crocs also has a short YouTube video about their new back to school shoe line: Back to School Crocs “Summer Inside” video.