SentrySafe Fire Safe Review and Giveaway
Recently I received something really, really heavy via FedEx. It’s a heavy duty safe. SentrySafe (Facebook | Twitter) wants me to review their new fire safe and also give one away on my dad blog. The safe I received is not one of those small, brief-case size safe. It’s a good size one and is almost big enough for my toddler to squeeze in there. It’s about 90 pounds (too bad for thieves) and about 1.2 cubic-foot in size. The new safe also features a pry resistant hinge bar and bolts that are 60% bigger than the ones on traditional safes.
Here’s another nice feature of the new Big Bolts safe. It’s insured against fire damage. Not only will SentrySafe replace your safe if it is damaged, they will also reimburse you for the fair market value of valuables stored in their safe if they are destroyed or damaged in a fire. The new SentrySafe should be arriving in stores this month.
Using a safe isn’t something most dads or moms think about. I know I don’t. But they sure do come in handy in the event of a burglary or fire. I didn’t try to set the safe on fire as part of my review, but you can check out a YouTube video of their fire safe testing standards. With a SentrySafe like the one I’m giving away, parents can be relatively certain their valuables are protected. Note: even though the safe is very heavy, you should bolt down your safe. Otherwise, a thief can still use a hand truck to steal your safe. However, even if a thief manages to steal your safe, he would have a very difficult time getting it open.
SentrySafe Fire-Safe Features
- Multi-position shelf to enable easy organization
- Key rack, door tray and door pocket for small, easy-to-misplace items
- Mechanical combination lock (you can recover your combo online)
- UL Classified for Fire Endurance (1 hour at 1700°F), to protect documents, records, and valuables stored inside from fire damage
- 60% bigger bolts than traditional safes
- Pry resistant hinge bar helps provide additional protection from forced entry
- ETL Verified to pass a 15 foot (4.5 meter) drop test to ensure contents remain intact and locked upon impact
- ETL Verified for 1 hour fire protection of CDs, DVDs, Memory Sticks and USB Drives up to 1700°F/927°C to protect media in the event of a fire
- ETL verified for water-resistance in up to 8″ of water for up to 24 hours
- Bolt down kit included to prevent unauthorized removal
- Lifetime after-fire replacement guarantee
- Exterior: 17.8″ (h) x 16.3″ (w) x 19.3″ (d)
- Interior: 13.8″ (h) x 12.6″ (w) x 11.9″ (d)
- 34.9cm x 31.9cm x 30.2cm
- Capacity: 1.23 ft3
- Weight: 90 pounds
SentrySafe Fire-Safe Giveaway
Thanks to SentrySafe, a reader of my reviews and giveaways blog will win a new SentrySafe. The winner will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Tuesday, August 9th (Pacific time). The giveaway is limited to readers in the USA. To enter the giveaway, let me know in the comments area what you would hate to lose in a fire (excluding yourself, your family, pets, and your home).
Six Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Like SentrySafe on Facebook (include your Facebook username in the comments area for verification)
- Follow SentrySafe Twitter (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification)
- Subscribe to my blog via email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Note: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
- Click on the Facebook like button above the comments area and then on my Facebook page, let me know what you suggest I place in my safe.
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button above the comments area):
I want to win a fire safe from SentrySafe @daddyforever ~ http://daddyforever.com/2011/08/02/big-bolts/
Include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification. Note: you can tweet multiple times, but you can only claim one bonus entry for the tweets.
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2011/08/02/big-bolts/ (include your blog post URL or Facebook username for verification)
[Disclosure: The giveaway prize will be provided by SentrySafe, but they are not the administrators of the giveaway on my blog. I am not liable for the prize. I received a SentrySafe for review. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to Daddy Forever