I’m giving away $200 in gas cards on my blog! Today’s giveaway is sponsored by Check My Ride (Facebook | Twitter), which is a website created by Experian Automotive (provider of AutoCheck vehicle history reports). Anyone can can create a free profile on Check My Ride and share their vehicle history and car stories.
My first car was a Plymouth Valiant. It wasn’t cool, but at least I had a car to drive when I was in college. The first car I was proud to own was an Eagle Talon. Now that was a sporty car. It’s too bad I don’t have the VIN numbers for my old cars. Then I could use the Where in the World is my Car tool to find out where my old cars are. I did use the tool to check up on my current car:
According to the Check My Ride tool, my Toyota Camry was last seen at the Oregon Health Science University campus. I’m not sure how the data was obtained, but my guess is that hospital security must have run a check on my car because it was parked there so often. In 2007, our third child was hospitalized at OHSU for a week. In addition, our fourth child was also admitted to OHSU hospital several times in 2009 and 2010 for his many health problems. Luckily, we have not had to make a trip to the hospital this year.
Another cool feature of the Check My Ride site is the free AutoCheck vehicle history report. AutoCheck includes reports like accidents, title problems, mileage, vehicle use (ie: rental, taxi, government, etc), and ownership history. You can only get one free report, so select your vehicle wisely. Here’s part of my free car report:
Check My Ride Giveaway
Thanks to Check My Ride, I’m giving away $200 in gas cards. One winner will receive a $100 gas card and two winners will each receive a $50 gas card. The giveaway is limited to USA residents only. The winners will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Tuesday, April 12th (Pacific time). To enter the giveaway, leave a comment about your first car.
Six Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Like Check My Ride on Facebook (include your Facebook username in the comments area for verification)
- Follow Check My Ride on Twitter (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification)
- Subscribe to my blog via email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Note: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button below): “I want to win a gas card from @CheckMyRide ~ http://daddyforever.com/2011/03/29/autocheck/” (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification). Note: you can tweet multiple times, but you can only claim one bonus entry for the tweets.
- Click on the Facebook like button below and then write on my Facebook fan page about the next car you would like to own or lease
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2011/03/29/autocheck/ (include your blog post URL or Facebook username for verification)
[Disclosure: I did not receive anything for hosting this giveaway. The giveaway prize will be provided by Check My Ride, but Check My Ride is not the administrator of the giveaway on my dad blog. Daddy Forever (me) is not liable for the prize. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]