As of last Sunday, it’s officially spring. It’s also spring break here in Oregon. The wife and kids are gone for the week. While they are out of town, I’m using the time to get some spring cleaning done. The main tasks are cleaning the garage and the kids’ rooms. When the kids are around, it’s hard to clean their rooms because they won’t let you recycle or throw anything away. Do they really need every scrape of crumbled paper in their rooms? Or the plastic packaging material from their toys? Or a calendar from 2005? I don’t think so, but try telling my kids that.
Some parents do a big spring cleaning this time of the year. Other than cleaning the kids rooms and garage, we don’t spend a lot of time on spring cleaning. That’s because we try to keep the house clean throughout the year. With four kids, the house is never really completely clean but we do the best we can. We clean the kitchen daily, vacuum the carpet weekly, dusk from time to time, and clean the bathrooms monthly. I use to hate cleaning the toilets before the Clorox ToiletWand came along. Back then, I had to put on super thick gloves and used a sponge to scrub the toilet. With the Clorox ToiletWand (check out their how-to video), cleaning the toilet is a lot easier and I don’t even need to wear gloves. All I have to do is push the wand handle down onto a cleaning head and then use the Clorox wand to clean and disinfect the toilet bowl (kills 99.9% of germs). When I’m done, I just press a button on the wand to release the disposable cleaning head into the trash can.
Clorox ToiletWand Spring Cleaning Giveaway
Thanks to Clorox, I’m giving away a Clorox Bathroom Essentials ToiletWand prize pack consisting of a ToiletWand (feel free to download a $3 off coupon), bathroom rug, toilet decal, and toilet paper holder. The giveaway is limited to USA residents. The winner will be randomly selected. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Wednesday, April 6th (Pacific time). To enter the giveaway, leave a spring cleaning tip in the comments area.
Six Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Like Clorox’s Ode To The Commode Facebook page (include your Facebook username in the comments area for verification)
- Follow Clorox on Twitter (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification)
- Subscribe to my blog via email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Note: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button below): “I want to win a Clorox Bathroom Essentials ToiletWand prize pack ~ http://daddyforever.com/2011/03/23/toiletwand/” (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification). Note: you can tweet multiple times, but you can only claim one bonus entry for the tweets.
- Click on the Facebook like button below and then write on my Facebook fan page to let me know if you do a big spring cleaning
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2011/03/23/toiletwand/ (include your blog post URL or Facebook username for verification)
[Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Clorox and will receive a ToiletWand and gift code to thank me for taking the time to participate. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]