If you have children, then you know your kids will soon be busy with their school’s science fair project. To help young scientists with their science projects, Scientific Explorer (Twitter | Facebook) and Elmer’s (Twitter | Facebook) are giving away two Science Fair Prize Packages on my giveaway blog (2 winners). The science pack consists of a Scientific Explorer Lava-Blasting Volcano Science Kit, Elmer’s Foam Board, and Elmer’s Project Popperz accessories (cool letters, shapes, borders and stencils).
As many dads and moms know, Scientific Explorer offers a variety of science kits for children. We’re having fun with the lava volcano science kit (currently waiting for the volcano plaster to dry). I have not checked with the school about this yet, but I think we can actually use the kit as a science fair project by trying out different baking soda solutions for the eruptions.
Here is something I didn’t know until I was contacted about this giveaway: Elmer’s offers products to help kids with their science fair presentations (I thought they were just a glue company). Products like display boards, foam sheets, markers, stencils, borders, letters/numbers, and of course, glue. The Little Princess plans on using her Elmer’s supplies to put together her display this year (she can’t wait to use the markers and letters on the foam boards).
Virtual Science Fair
Scientific Explorer has created a Virtual Science Fair on YouTube. Scientific Explorer is encouraging kids, parents, teachers to share how they learn and experience science, inside and outside the classroom. And if you post a video response to one of their videos, you can win a $50 gift card and free Scientific Explorer products. They’re going to select a Virtual Science Fair winner each month. Here is the first Virtual Science Fair video:
(YouTube link: Virtual Science Fair)
Science Fair Giveaway
Thanks to Scientific Explorer and Elmer’s, I’m giving away two Science Fair Prize Package. The prize pack consists of a Scientific Explorer’s Lava Blasting Volcano Kit (kit may vary), Elmer’s Foam Board, and Elmer’s Project Popperz accessories (such as cool letters, shapes, borders and stencils to make your kid’s project stand out — accessories may vary). The giveaway is limited to USA readers only. The winners will be randomly selected. To enter the giveaway, tell me about one of your kid’s science projects or an experiment you would like to do. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Wednesday, March 2nd (Pacific time).
Seven Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Follow Scientific Explorer on Twitter (include your Twitter username in the comments area)
- Follow Elmer’s on Twitter (include your Twitter username in the comments area)
- Subscribe to Scientific Explorer’s YouTube channel (include your YouTube username in the comments area)
- Subscribe to my blog via email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Note: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button below): “I want to win a Scientific Explorer and Elmer’s Science Fair Prize Package ~ http://daddyforever.com/2011/02/16/scientist/” (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification)
- Click on the Facebook like button below and then write on my Facebook fan page to let me know your favorite scientist (fictional characters are OK)
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2011/02/16/scientist/ (include your blog post URL or Facebook username for verification)
[Disclosure: Scientific Explorer and Elmer’s are not sponsors or administrators of the giveaway. However, they are responsible for the giveaway prize. Daddy Forever (me) is not liable for the prizes. I received a Science Fair Prize Package for hosting this giveaway. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]