Here’s a last minute gift idea for the coffee lover in your life: Tassimo by Bosch T20 Coffee Brewer. You can order the Tassimo Brewbot from Amazon for $100 (after mail-in rebate), but you’ll have to ship it overnight if you want it delivered before Christmas. Right now, you’re better off going to Target. They have the Tassimo by Bosch beverage brewer on sale this week for $100 (plus you also get some free Starbucks coffee). You can also try to win one on my dad blog if you don’t need it before Christmas. Thanks to Tassimo (Facebook | Twitter), I’m giving away a Tassimo T20 beverage system.
For the dads and moms who don’t know, the Tassimo T20 is a single-serve brewer. Instead of coffee beans, the Tassimo beverage system makes coffee via a T disc. Dads and moms can purchase T-discs for Starbucks, Gevalia Kaffe, Carte Noire, Jacobs, Kenco, Maxwell House Café Collection, Mastro Lorenzo, Nabob, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Suchard, TASSIMO, TAZO, Twinings, and Milka. The brewer reads the bar code on each T disc to determine the optimal amount of water and temperature required. The bar code technology makes it easy to brew a cup of coffee every time. With a little help, even my 21-month old minion can make a cup of coffee (the hard part is getting him to stop pressing the buttons repeatedly).
Tassimo T20 Coffee Brewer Pros
- Makes over forty varieties of hot beverages (cappuccino, chai latte, tea, hot chocolate, coffee, etc)
- It’s fast — takes less than a minute to brew a cup of coffee
- T discs make it easy to brew a consistent cup of coffee each time
- Manual over-ride to make the brew stronger or weaker
- Sleek, compact, and stylish (my wife doesn’t mind seeing the T20 on the counter — unlike the toaster she keeps hiding in the cabinet)
- The cup holder is adjustable for different heights
Bosch T20 Beverage System Cons
- On a per serving basis, it costs more than a bag of coffee beans, but cheaper than buying a cup at a coffee house (note: I received the brewer yesterday so I have not had time to do a thorough price comparison)
- A couple of times I had to clean the bar code reader before it would brew the drink (it would be better if you could manually scan the bar code with a sensor that wasn’t located inside the brewing unit)
- The coffee is hot, but not hot enough to sue McDonald’s for millions of dollars (personally, I think it’s just right but some drinkers may like their coffee hotter)
Thanks to Bosch, I’m giving away a Tassimo T20 single serve coffee brewer on my dad blog. The winner will be randomly selected. To enter the giveaway, leave a comment about your favorite coffee in the comments area below. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Wednesday, January 5th (Pacific time). The giveaway is open to readers in the USA only. Good luck everyone!
Four Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Subscribe to my blog via email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Note: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button below): “Win a Tassimo T20 coffee brewer ~ http://daddyforever.com/2010/12/22/starbucks/” (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification)
- Click on the Facebook like button below and then write on my Facebook fan page about your favorite place to buy coffee or coffee beans
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2010/12/22/starbucks/ (include your blog post URL or Facebook username for verification)
[Disclosure: The giveaway prize will be provided by Bosch, but Bosch is not a sponsor or administrator of the giveaway. I received a unit for review on my dad blog. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]