Recently, I received a CEIVA Pro 80 photo frame for review on my dad blog. Thanks to Ceiva Logic (Twitter | Facebook), I’m also giving one away to a lucky reader. Dads and moms will like this picture frame because it’s not like other photo frames. It’s actually a pretty cool photo frame because you can send photos to it from a smartphone, computer, email, and web sites like Flickr and Facebook. A CEIVA photo frame is a great gift for love ones — especially if they live far away. My dad lives only a few miles away, but he could also use a frame like this because he doesn’t know how to use a computer or smartphone. In other words, I can’t just email him photos of his grandchildren. I have to do it the old fashion way and print out the photos for him. With the CEIVA frame, I can place the gadget on his mantle and send photos to him whenever I want. My dad doesn’t have to do anything on his end other than look at the cute pictures of his grandkids. If he’s unlucky, he may even see the kids mooning him.
I have not played with every single feature of this wonderful frame yet, but here are some things I like about the CEIVA Pro 80 photo frame:
- You can upload photos to the frame via a computer, email, camera phone, Facebook, Picasa, iPhoto, Photoshop Elements, Flickr, Photobucket, Shutterfly, and Smugmug
- Wi-Fi connectivity (Wi-Fi adapter is included, but you can also use a phone line if you are insane)
- You can stream photos to it from Windows Photo Gallery (also supports Windows Media Player and Rivet for Mac OSX)
- Invited friends and relatives can send photos directly to the frame (you can also send photos to other CEIVA frames)
- High resolution, 8-inch active matrix digital LCD screen (640 x 480 display resolution)
- Built-in memory card reader supports Compact Flash, Microdrive, Secure Digital (SD), MultiMedia Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, SmartMedia, xD-Picture Card, and miniSD
- Unlimited online photo storage
- You can get daily updates via channels (I signed up for NT Times, ABC News, ESPN, local weather, and a few other channels)
- With PicturePlan Lifetime Warranty, CEIVA will repair or replace your frame for free if it breaks
- Interchangeable black and wood-finish faceplates (you can also purchase other skin designs — see holiday skins below)
As cool as the CEIVA connected photo frame is, it’s not for everyone. In order to use all the cool features, you have to sign up for their PicturePlan photo delivery service. It’s actually required. Without the service, you can’t do a whole lot with the frame. So if you only want to upload pictures from a memory card, you’re better off getting a standard frame. However, if you want to share your photos remotely with a love one, then the CEIVA connected photo frame is a great choice. Luckily, the frame includes one year of PicturePlan Service. After that, the service costs $6.95 a month with an annual contract (or $9.95 month-to-month).
Special Holiday Pricing
- CEIVA Pro80 Starter Pack (includes one-year PicturePlan Photo Delivery Service and WiFi adapter) for $119.95 (List Price: $147.99)
- CEIVAshare Starter Pack (includes one-year PicturePlan Photo Delivery Service, Wifi adapter optional) for $99.95 (List Price: $127.99)
- Free shipping for orders over $99
- Purchase any two frames (not including outlet items) and receive $10 off
- Purchase any three frames (not including outlet items) and receive $20 off
CEIVA Picture Frame Giveaway
Thanks to Ceiva Logic, I’m giving away a CEIVA Pro 80 connected photo frame with a one-year PicturePlan to a reader of my dad blog. To enter the giveaway, leave a comment on my dad blog about who you plan to give the picture frame to. The deadline to enter the giveaway is Tuesday, December 7th (Pacific time). The giveaway is open to USA readers only. The winner will be randomly selected.
Four Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Subscribe to my blog via email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Warning: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button below): “Win a CEIVA Pro 80 photo frame ~ http://daddyforever.com/2010/11/23/pictureplan/” (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification)
- Click on the Facebook like button below and then write on my Facebook fan page about a special photo you want to share
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2010/11/23/pictureplan/ (include your blog post URL or Facebook username for verification)
[Disclosure: The giveaway prize will be provided by Ceiva Logic, but Ceiva Logic is not a sponsor or administrator of the giveaway. I received a unit for review. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive review.]