Like many cities, there are people in the Portland area that like to play football on Thanksgiving day. The news people call them diehards. I call them the crazy people because it’s cold and rainy this time of year in the Pacific Northwest. I’m actually amazed groups of friends and relatives are willing to play rain or shine just for the fun of it. The diehards may be crazy, but they got one thing right — friends and family are spending time together when they play football. And after a fun afternoon of playing football, they get to gobble down turkey and maybe even watch a real football game on TV. And after that, they do something crazy like spending the night together in a Black Friday line at Best Buy.
Some people call the friendly Thanksgiving football game the Turkey Bowl (Portlanders call it the Mud Bowl because it’s really muddy over here) and Clorox calls it the Toilet Bowl. This is actually the reason for this post — you can win a trip to New Orleans for 10 people by entering the Clorox Toilet Bowl Contest! Two winners will be selected and each winner can invite nine guests for a fun trip to New Orleans. Here’s what the winners get:
- Roundtrip air transportation for ten people to New Orleans
- Four-night accommodations at a hotel
- Roundtrip ground transportation between airport and hotel
- Opportunity to participate in the Clorox Toilet Bowl flag football game (coached by former pro quarterback Jesse Palmer)
- Limo ride to meet a celebrity
- Limo ride to Brennan’s — breakfast for ten people (includes tax and service charges)
- Limo ride to a restaurant of Sponsor’s choice — dinner for ten people in a private room (includes tax and service charges)
- Full-day limo charter to Audubon Zoo, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Audubon Insectarium and/or Entergy IMAX Theater — combo tickets for ten people to all four attractions
- A private New Orleans and Katrina tour (3 hours) in a van
- Limo ride to Mardi Gras World to tour and watch the artists of Blaine Kern Studios, world-renowned masters of carnival sculpture and float building at work
- Approximate Retail Value: $19,880 (actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination)
To win a trip to New Orleans, you have to enter the Clorox Toilet Bowl contest by November 28th. Clorox is also letting me give away a Clorox Toilet Wand and branded football on my dad blog. Yeah, I know. A toilet wand and football isn’t as awesome as a trip to New Orleans, but I’ll make it easy for you to enter. In the blog’s comment area below, let me know if you have a favorite football team or an annual Thanksgiving game. The deadline to enter my giveaway is Friday, December 3rd (Pacific time). My giveaway is open to USA readers only. The winner will be randomly selected.
Four Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Subscribe to my blog via email:
— don’t forget to click on the confirmation link after you subscribe. Warning: you still have to be subscribed when I announce the winner.
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter and tweet out a message like this (or use the retweet button below): “Win a Clorox toilet wand and football ~ http://daddyforever.com/2010/11/22/flag-football/” (include your Twitter URL or username in the comments area for verification)
- Click on the Facebook like button below and then write on my Facebook fan page letting me know if you have ever played flag football
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2010/11/22/flag-football/ (include your blog post URL or Facebook username for verification)
[Disclosure: The giveaway prize will be provided by Clorox, but Clorox is not a sponsor or administrator of the giveaway. I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Dad Central Consulting on behalf of Clorox and will receive goodies for taking the time to participate. As always, the opinions expressed are mine and I am not obligated to write a positive post.]