Aliph sent me two Jawbone ICON Bluetooth headsets. One to play with and one to give away on my dad blog. A Jawbone ICON Bluetooth headset would be a cool gift for Father’s Day. It’s a nice way to give dad an extra hand (get it?) The wireless headset would also be a useful present. Jawbone (Facebook | Twitter) helps busy dads multi-task by letting them talk hands-free when they are doing things like driving the kids to practice, talking to someone at the office, or performing open-heart surgery. The intelligent Jawbone ICON also lets dad listen to music, podcasts, audio books, and turn-by-turn GPS driving directions, all while keeping both hands on the wheel (note: it’s illegal to use a cell phone while driving without a hands-free device in Oregon and other states).
The Jawbone ICON Bluetooth headset includes a charger, a microUSB cable, three fit earbuds, four round earbuds, and an optional binaural earloop. The headset comes in six stylish designs. The Jawbone ICON they sent me to play with is The Catch. It’s about half the size of my regular wireless headset. When I’m wearing the Catch, I feel like a rock star with a flashy piece of jewelry in my ear.
Jawbone ICON Bluetooth Headset Features
- NoiseAssassin with wind reduction – eliminates background noise from mobile phone conversations
- Up to 4.5 hours talk time
- Up to 10 days standby time
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion polymer battery
- MicroUSB connector interface – for charging and software updates
- Bluetooth V2.1 compliant
- Supports Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- Range up to 33 ft (10 meters)
- Supports Simultaneous Multipoint for two audio gateways including PC – can manage two calls from two different phones at the same time
- Profiles Supported Headset V1.1 and Hands-Free Profile V1.5
- Remaining battery life and caller ID is whispered into your ear
In my opinion, the coolest feature is MyTalk. This feature lets geek dads downloads updates and apps to their Jawbone ICON via the MicroUSB port. MyTalk will appeal to many geek dads and moms.
Jawbone ICON MyTalk Apps
- A2DP – allows dads and moms to listen to music, podcasts, or GPS directions through a Jawbone ICON
- HandsFree Assistant – dads can use their voice to text and email without using their hands
- Jott Assistant – voice-to-text service turns dad’s voice notes, messages, and updates into text and then sends them out
- 1-800-FREE411 – offers callers business, residential or government listing for free (saves moms and dads up to $2 in directory assistance charges)
- Directory Assistance – find a local restaurant or get directions using a carrier’s 411 service
- Voice Dial – the pre-loaded app enables dads to make calls using voice commands (example: “call mom”)
Jawbone ICON Father’s Day Giveaway
Thanks to Aliph (Jawbone), I’m giving away a Jawbone ICON (The Catch) on my dad blog. The deadline to enter is Tuesday, June 8th (Pacific time). The contest is limited to readers in the USA and Canada. The winner will be randomly selected. To enter, visit Jawbone and leave a comment on my dad blog about your favorite Jawbone Bluetooth headset.
Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each entry)
- Leave a comment about your favorite Jawbone on my Facebook fan page
- Tweet about this giveaway or about your favorite Jawbone ONCE on Twitter and include @daddyforever and #giveaway in the tweet (include your Twitter URL or username for verification)
[Disclosure: The giveaway prize will be provided by Aliph (Jawbone), but Aliph is not a sponsor or administrator of the giveaway on my dad blog. I received a Jawbone ICON for writing this post and hosting the Father’s Day giveaway.]