HP TouchSmart 600 Computer Giveaway
Thanks to the HP Santa, this geek dad is giving away a HP TouchSmart 600 computer to a lucky dad, mom, or Na’vi. The contest on this dad blog starts today and ends on Wednesday (December 23, 2009 Pacific time). And yes, this giveaway is open to international readers, but there’s a big catch (more on this later). Before we get to the contest, I’m going to blog about the sponsors of the giveaway: HP TouchSmart 600 PC and Microsoft Windows 7.
What is it?
The HP TouchSmart 600 PC is a cool looking, multi-touch gadget for moms and dads (it’s like a giant size iTouch). The all-in-one computer features full HD display, integrated webcam, wireless LAN, and Bluetooth. Currently, there are two series in the TouchSmart 600 family: 600t and 600xt (same as 600t, but with a faster processor, bigger hard drive, discrete graphics, HDMI and game console connectivity).
How much does it cost?
$1,249.99 for the 600t (base configuration) and $1,649.99 for the 600xt (base configuration).
What are the highlights?
- Multi-touch PC features motions such as pinch, rotate, arc, flick, and press and drag let dads and moms zip through applications and photos
- Integrated hardware and software technology, like HDMI, audio/video inputs, Windows Media Center, and TouchSmart Live TV (with optional TV tuner), give users a range of options for viewing video, recording TV, and playing game consoles (like xBox) on the HP TouchSmart 600
- Windows 7 fast start up and shut down gives users easier access to their HP TouchSmart 600, which includes a long list of touch-enabled apps like Twitter, Hulu, Netflix, and Pandora
- Windows 7 Home Premium features make it easy for HP TouchSmart 600 users to navigate the system quickly to easily find the documents they use most often:
- Snap (resize open windows by dragging)
- Pin (like tacking notes on a bulletin board)
- Shake (click a pane and shake the mouse to make every open window except one instantly disappears — jiggle again to bring the other windows back)
- Peak (x-ray vision to peer past all open windows straight to the Windows 7 desktop)
- Jump Lists (take parents right to documents, pictures, songs, or websites)
- Premium quality speakers produce a crisp, clear sound for enjoying music and video — Windows 7 Play To feature also allows moms and dads to play media through networked PCs, TVs, or stereos around the house
- Five Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 games and applications allow parents to interact and learn multi-touch gestures in a more fun and intuitive way:
- Microsoft Surface Globe (hands-on, world-exploration application based on Microsoft Bing Maps)
- Microsoft Surface Lagoon (screen saver and interactive water simulation — use fingers to manipulate the water and have the school of fish respond)
- Microsoft Rebound (a game in which you use fingertips to move Tesla balls with an electrical field between them)
- Microsoft Garden Pond (guide origami pieces to peaceful areas on the pond )
- Microsoft Blackboard (intricate game of physics in which players solve a puzzle by creating a fanciful machine on a blackboard)
What’s so cool about it?
I think the coolest feature of the HP TouchSmart 600 PC is Windows Touch. One-finger touch functionality has been available in previous versions of the Windows operation system. But Windows 7 features multitouch technology. Why limit yourself to one finger when you have ten or more fingers? If you want to zoom in on something in Windows 7, you can place two fingers on the screen of the TouchSmart 600 and spread them apart. To right-click a file, touch it with one finger and tap the screen with a second. Cool!
What are the HP TouchSmart 600 PC specs?
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6500 [2.1GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB] (600t)
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6600 [2.2GHz, 2MB L2, 800MHz FSB] (600xt)
- 23″ diagonal 1080p Full HD widescreen with 16:9 aspect ratio
- 4GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs]
- 320GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive (600t)
- 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive (600xt)
- NVIDIA GeForce G200 (600t)
- 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT230M, and game console connections (600xt)
- Slot-load SuperMulti DVD Burner
- Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth
- Internal antennas for 802.11 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- 6-in-1 memory card reader, 5 total USB, audio
- Integrated high-performance 2.0 speakers (no external speakers)
- HP low-profile, wireless keyboard and HP wireless optical mouse
- A built-in, adjustable-tilt webcam and mic
- Removable feet for wall mounting (bracket and adapter sold separately)
Is there a video of the HP TouchSmart 600?
You can see a YouTube video of the HP TouchSmart 600 PC in my previous post about the TouchSmart 600 computer.
How do you win a HP TouchSmart 600?
There are seven ways to enter the HP TouchSmart 600 Computer Giveaway. You can enter up to seven times, but only once in each category. No marriage proposals, bribes, or sad stories please (the winner will be randomly selected). Please leave a separate comment for each entry. The content management system will automatically assign a number for each comment. If you use a single comment to let me know you entered all seven categories, you will only be assigned one number (entry) for the giveaway. Random.org will be used to randomly select a winner. I will only notify the winner once. The winner has two days to email me their info. After 48 hours, I will select another winner. The deadline to enter is Wednesday (December 23, 2009 Pacific time).
Seven ways to enter the giveaway:
- Leave a comment telling me what you think is cool about the HP TouchSmart 600 PC
- Subscribe to my blog feed or newsletter and then leave a separate comment
- Follow Daddy Forever on Twitter: @daddyforever and then leave a separate comment (include your Twitter username for verification)
- Fan Daddy Forever’s new Facebook page and then leave a separate comment (include your Facebook username for verification)
- Tweet ONCE about this giveaway with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2009/12/21/multi-touch-600t-600xt/ and then leave a separate comment (include your Twitter URL or username for verification)
- Follow HP on Twitter: @hp_pc and then leave a separate comment (include your Twitter username for verification)
- Write about this giveaway on your blog or Facebook page with a working link to this page: http://daddyforever.com/2009/12/21/multi-touch-600t-600xt/ and then leave a separate comment (include your blog URL or Facebook username for verification)
What’s the catch for international readers?
HP can ship the prize internationally. However, there are countries where HP and it’s representative won’t ship for various reasons. If HP can’t ship the TouchSmart 600 to the winner’s country, I will pick another winner. The original winner will NOT be able to ask why, appeal the decision, or pick another winner of their choosing. If you do not agree to this condition, do NOT enter the contest. Sorry, I do not have a list of countries where the TouchSmart 600 won’t be shipped.
[Disclosure: I did not receive any products or compensation for writing this post.]
[Disclaimer: By entering this giveaway, you agree to hold HP, Microsoft, and I NOT liable for any problems you may encounter with this contest. Do NOT enter if you do not agree.]
Subscribe to Daddy Forever